Friday 1 April 2005

I should write about something

Posted by Ewen on Friday, April 01, 2005 with
It's Friday and I haven't posted anything all week! Geoff will be angry. I might just say 'good luck' to all those runners in the Women & Girls Fun Run on Sunday morning! It's certainly getting some good promotion.

I heard Marnie Ponton being interviewed on 666 this morning. She sounded bright and happy about the whole event. She said it was just a lead-in to some cross country training. Marnie had a good track season where she excelled in her pet event, the 3000m steeplechase. Rod Quinn asked her "so, will you be looking around for some garbage bins along the course to jump over?" It should be a good battle at the front of the 800+ field. For the Vets I'm tipping Kathy Southgate. She's in awesome form.

In a little over a week there's the Canberra Marathon. Once won a very long time ago by none other than Geoff Moore! I wonder how his 2:26:58 will stand the test of time? Here is the list of entrants from Team Moore - Ruth Baussmann, Gabrielle Brown and Cathy Newman. I'll be putting in a late entry on Saturday afternoon at $99 - ouch!