Wednesday 27 April 2005

Music on the run.

Posted by speedygeoff on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 with
I have always liked to listen to music on the run. Music which is inspirational, has a solid beat, and drowns out most other thoughts!

But it is many years now since I donned a headset and listened to a CD of my choice. Although these days it's an MP3 player people carry?

Maybe you can tell me what is good value and will survive a real pounding at the awesome pace at which I run !?

So I don't have a headset currently, but it is usually the last song I listened to that keeps on reverberating through my head as I run along.

Just about my favourite song at present is the Newsboys singing "Landslide of Love", off their latest album, Devotion.



Landslide Of Love
opening salvo
didn't help solve anything
every time we shout our rights out
we get all grouchy and gray

it's all about me, me
it's all about what I can take
and if that doesn't ring true anymore
maybe it was our first mistake

and since we don't believe in Santa Claus
maybe we'd best stay awake

CHORUS:
every time a teardrop falls
it's kicking up dust in our world of pain
let's get drenched under God's good rain
caught in a deluge of mercies
like a pebble clings to dirt
we're still clinging to bedrock sin
let's get swept off our feet again
caught in a landslide of love

it's all about me, me
it's all about all I can take
the good I try to do goes nowhere
the bad just seizes the day

and if we're here for something bigger, baby
there's gotta be some better way

- CHORUS -

BRIDGE:
no, not angels or devils
no, not famine or war
no, not the past or the present
not even the ground separates from God's love
not even the ground separates from His love

'cause every time a teardrop falls
it's kicking up dust in our world of pain
let's get drenched under God's good rain
caught in a deluge of mercies
and like a pebble cased in dirt
we've been anchored in bedrock sin
let's get swept off our feet again
caught in a landslide of love
caught in a landslide of love


I have seen the Newsboys move in the many years they have been recording their music, from a position of defensiveness, bitterness and resentment (as in the "Take Me To Your Leader" album) to one of pure joy and exhilaration.

A bit like my own journey over the years.

Great running music! Let's absorb ourselves in the positive lyric and get swept along as we run. There's nothing like it!
.