Friday 8 April 2005

Training at Dickson

Posted by speedygeoff on Friday, April 08, 2005 with
Our first training session at Dickson oval went without a hitch. After our 2.5k warmup we went out on the grass track and ran 5 laps sprinting the straights, had a break and repeated the session aiming to go faster in total the second time. I got my idea for this session from Phil White; although ours was run out in lane 4 of the track. Next Thursday we are back at the track again; however because of meetings and other commitments not many will be there. I won't be - so to those who turn up, please do a repeat of the same session.
I am very pleased to welcome a new starter, Thea, into the group. Thea's run with us last night was her first ever run with a training group. I asked her about what racing she had done and she said her women's fun run time was 26:13, and she has been running even better than that.
Good to see Rod Lynch back training too.
Finally, best wishes to everyone running in Sunday's Canberra marathon. Should you need any extra assistance, I will be around the course somewhere lending a hand.