Thursday 8 September 2005

Adelaide in the Spring

Posted by speedygeoff on Thursday, September 08, 2005 with
It's warm spring weather here in Adelaide - I have managed to run for an hour or so every morning since arriving here. All the runs have been through the Elizabeth Downs/Craigmore areas where there are many beautiful trails with wildflowers (soursobs mainly!) and birds and peace and quiet. Pity to have missed the big cross country carnival and the marathon carnival of a week ago, and also will have left before the City-to-Bay (C2B) Fun Run in a couple of weeks' time, that I have never been here to run in. It would be my ideal course - 12k gentle downhill all the way on the road. It clashes with the CTFR though and that's also a favourite run.
All's well and the funeral took place yesterday. My brother and I gave the eulogy and we complemented each other well - very different viewpoints which together gave a rounded picture of my father's life and interests.
The thermometer near me is reading 29 degrees. What a beautiful day! Still, they are forecasting 16 maximum on Saturday, showdown day. Go the Crows! Shame about the loss of home-final rights but serve them right for overconfidence against, of all teams, St Kilda.....