Saturday, 17 September 2005

Running the CTFR

Posted by speedygeoff on Saturday, September 17, 2005 with 3 comments
I guess the way to run the CTFR is to be happy to go out fairly fast, as it is a downhill start.
For example, if it is not windy like last year, I will probably aim for about 41 mins or so by trying for 4 min ks for the first 3k (it will still feel like I am holding back!), then pushing on to 4:10s or thereabouts for the rest. It will feel pretty well flat out heading up King's Avenue.

3 comments:

  1. To everyone running in the CTFR tomorrow, I hope that you all have a fantastic race, and that you all achieve what you set out for !

    I am just about to get ready for the Red Cross Ball, and will be tingling all night long thinking about tomorrow's race.

    To all the members of 'Team Moore' I shall see you at the start line, I just hope I remember to go home and get changed !

    Go 'Green Shoes' Go !

    Yours in Running Writing

    Gary (GRIFFIN) Bowen

    ReplyDelete
  2. How good is that 'The Griffin' is going to tingle all night without drinking any wine, you are truly unique and special Gary!!

    If we are lucky the wind will blow us all up Adelaide Avenue and drop off completely around the lake.

    Good luck to everyone for tomorrow, Bring it on!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will post the official results on Friday, but for the TMT (Team Moore Team) Langty & I were fastest & we both scraped under 41 mins (see I warned you!), Maria & Griffin & Katie ran great pbs, & Ewen was up with them too. Sorry I didn't see Ken or John. Next year we will have to have TMT1, TMT2 etc. as the word spreads.

    ReplyDelete