Sunday, 27 November 2005

Rain! Hail! Rivers of water!

Posted by speedygeoff on Sunday, November 27, 2005 with 3 comments

It is very wet today! I hope it will be alright for the handicap run! I cannot imagine how wet it will be behind the nursery at Weston Park. Let alone for the lunch afterwards. Here is a Steve Cuff photo of Neil Boden running a street mile in Canberra on another very wet day.

Kevin Chamberlain and Ken White.
it was pouring ...


  1. ... and then it didn't rain today while the race was on, but it was rather muddy under-(green)-foot.

  2. Now that is a dedicated lot of runners - Neil looks like he is winning - is he winning?

    My green shoes are wet and dirty - how devastating is that!! I'm living in disbelief that some of us (who shall go unamed) actually own 2 pairs of green shoes.

    I do, however, have a spoon and a keyring!! Hey Gary if you are listening - I can't believe I beat you to that spoon - I think we should have it mounted - like a marlin or something ~ :0)

    CONGRATULATIONS Gary and Roger for taking out the pointscore (inclusive of a very big trophy) today - well deserved fellas.

  3. I believe I own one pair of four green shoes. I pull a random two out of the cupboard when I leave for a race. If I find they are both left shoes or both right shoes, fate has decided I shouldn't be running that day. Seems as good a system as any other!

    So far I have been too observant, though, but just ask Gary, one day, with my vague memory ...

    Luckily I know someone else with green shoes I can borrow, because THEY have been seen with racing spikes as well!!!!!