Sunday 5 March 2006

Try Something Challenging

Posted by speedygeoff on Sunday, March 05, 2006 with
Sahara Run

The six foot track is on this coming Saturday? Ho hum, I will be pleased when it's over and we don't keep hearing about it all the time. Try something challenging! See http://www.raidsahara.com/.

Weston Creek Half Marathon

It is on this coming Sunday. Entries close tomorrow and you can enter on-line now at https://www.registernow.com.au/sports/SportsRegister.aspx?EventID=151. I told David Webster I would pace him for a 90 minute time. I hope he co-operates because he will run much faster if he can learn to run evenly. As for myself, somewhere between 90 and 95 minutes is the expectation, and I will give sub 90 a shot, but really I am just running it to see what I can do early in the year prior to getting fitter, and to try out the shoes I will be wearing in the marathon.

Canberra Marathon

It's official! I have just learned that I have been accepted into the 4 hour patcarrollpacers group. I will have the patcarroll singlet and helium balloon and will run an even 3:59 whatever the weather.

Women's Jogalong

Fantastic run from Helen today. And it was good to catch up with Michelle Wells, who is going very well indeed, into her fifth month of pregnancy.

Approximate times for today's jogalong
Helen Larmour 27:02
Katie Forestier 27.15
Sarah Pau 31.05
Caroline Campbell 35.20

Winter Track Training

When we return to track training on Thursdays after the marathon is over, we should go back to Dickson oval do you think, rather than the AIS? That's my thinking. Feedback welcome.