Thursday, 6 April 2006

Music List

Posted by speedygeoff on Thursday, April 06, 2006 with 3 comments
Chris Martin of Coldplay

There is no way I will be listening to music while running the marathon; although I do have 4 hours of music on my MP3 player. But if I were to, I might get the pacing very wrong. And how could I hear the jokes the four hour runners are bringing to tell? (hint hint!)

Here is what I listened to on my final long run yesterday.

Fix You - Coldplay - X&Y
Stars - Switchfoot - Nothing Is Sound
Take Off My Shoes - Delirious - The Mission Bell
Dare You To Move - Switchfoot - The Beautiful Letdown
Talk - Coldplay - X&Y
The Shadow Proves The Sunshine - Switchfoot - Nothing Is Sound
Pride (In The Name Of Love) - Delirious - In The Name Of Love
White Shadows - Coldplay - X&Y
Politicians - Switchfoot - Nothing Is Sound
Stronger - Delirious - The Mission Bell
This Is Your Life - Switchfoot - The Beautiful Letdown

Square One - Coldplay - X&Y
Daisy - Switchfoot - Nothing Is Sound
Solid Rock - Delirious with Tobymac - The Mission Bell
Easier Than Love - Switchfoot - Nothing Is Sound
Kingdom Come - Coldplay - X&Y
Happy Is A Yuppie Word - Switchfoot - Nothing Is Sound
Our God Reigns - Delirious - The Mission Bell

So you see it wasn't a very long run - just a gentle 15k - and still plenty of niggles, darn darn darn. The niggles may not stop me completing the marathon, but they make it potentially more painful than it ought to be.

3 comments:

  1. Charlie McCormack06 April, 2006

    Wishing you all the best for your run on Sunday,and that all you hard work and training will be rewarded.Lets hope that this wind dies down or it really will be FLY GOOSE FLY!!All the best.(you know all those niggles you are having are the usual pre race physcological ones we all get before the big day! No Worries.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Charlie - niggles galore for me too. I'm sure it's pre-race nerves. Have a great run on Sunday. I have been umming and aahing about running with an ipod but I think it's just too difficult to carry. I don't want anything round my waist on the day and it chaffs my arm so looks like it'll have to be jokes - oh dear!! That's all providing I can keep you in sight or hearing range!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll be right on the night(day)
    Geoff!
    Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete