Thursday, 20 July 2006

The view from the summit is worth the effort

Posted by speedygeoff On Thursday, July 20, 2006 | 6 comments
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure . . . than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

My granddaughter Kayleigh (age 7) at the NSW State gymnastics titles, on bars

Kayleigh on floor

Kayleigh on beam

Last Word
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing. - Benjamin Franklin

6 comments:

  1. Looks like the Athletic talent runs in the family. Great pic's of your Grandaughter.

    No my Mother does not read my Blog. (I hope)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic pics Speedygeoff. So how did she go at the titles?

    I wish I had her flexiblilty, and balance ... and youth :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the titles Kayleigh was 23rd out of 55 in her division (level 1A Junior! she has only just begun gymnastics) and her team finished in a place, third, so she was a proud winner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good on her! She looks like she has a natural love of her chosen sport - I wonder who she taks after?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It may surprise you to know she takes after her mum, who did gymnastics for many years. Her legs are shaping up like her mum's did, although the calf muscles are not quite there yet! (Don't tell her I said that)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so important to spend time on the sidelines appreciating the work of other athletes, no matter what the level. I find watching another sport or one of my own can re-energize and invigorate me and makes me feel greatful for the athlete in me.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Masters Games

Counter

Counter: