Tuesday, 12 September 2006

heroes and villains

Posted by speedygeoff On Tuesday, September 12, 2006 | 3 comments
Heroes - inspiring, exciting, motivating, energising

running quote of the day
"I felt my throat start to close up, and I didn't think I was getting enough oxygen. I was scared, and I thought about quitting. But you don't want to quit when you've trained so hard and long for one race." - Deena Drossin describing the effects of having been stung by a bee in the back of the throat 100 meters after the start of the World Cross-Country Championships in Portugal. Despite blacking out and falling during the 8k race she finished in 12th place.


WHY DID THE CHICKEN CROSS THE ROAD?
Steve Irwin – “Crikey, Mate. It ran away when I told my son we would feed it to the croc.”



Villians - annoying, distracting, time wasting, tiresome

click to enlarge

Ignore the villains (hang up on them). Let the heroes inspire us (Emulate them).

Are there any more takers for ACTVAC sub-committees? Several sub-committees have vacancies. More ads are appearing on ACTVAC news as you read this....

Heroes help others.

3 comments:

  1. Crikey Geoff,

    Sorry I didn't make it to training last night!

    A few reasons...

    Hurt my groin again, so I didn't want to aggravate it;

    Very tired and pretty down at the moment, drained might be the word;

    Didn't get home in time to get changed and return to PH; and

    Had to go to the AIS today for the third component of the ankle strapping experiment I am taking part in.

    After all that, I am hoping to be fit for the race on Sunday, I don't like my chances of a sub-40 min run; however I shall be aiming for sub-41.43 (for a new PB), but a sub-43 will still make me happy.

    See you and the rest of the team on Sunday Geoff.l

    Gary (GRIFFIN) Bowen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I almost forgot to mention that Pat and I can't make the dinner on Monday the 18th. Too many other things going on at that time...Apologies, but please enjoy!

    Gary (GRIFFIN) Bowen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won't be there either - parent-teacher evening that I wouldn't miss for anything. Lol.

    Word has it that one of the geeses will be flying as part of the pack incognito, but perhaps not fast enough to make that much of a difference...

    Stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Masters Games

Counter

Counter: