Saturday 9 September 2006

practise your starts

Posted by speedygeoff on Saturday, September 09, 2006 with
running quote of the day: "When I was about 14 or 15, and running in a pretty muddy cross country race, one of my shoes stuck in the mud and came off. Boy, was I wild. To think that I had trained hard for this race and didn't do up my shoelace tightly enough! I really got aggressive with myself, and I found myself starting to pass a lot of runners. As it turned out, I improved something like twenty places in that one race. But I never did get my shoe back." - Rob de Castella

African Cross Country championships. Now that's how to mark a course.

WHY DID THE CHICKEN CROSS THE ROAD?
Oscar Wilde: Why, indeed? One's social engagements whilst in town ought never expose one to such barbarous inconvenience - although, perhaps, if one must cross a road, one may do far worse than to cross it as the chicken in question.

The track season is nigh ... and the program will be coming out soon for both Vets and Open athletics. Warmer weather is here. Very soon it will be time to practise our starts.