Sunday, 31 December 2006

Hi Five

Posted by speedygeoff On Sunday, December 31, 2006 | 3 comments
Games require skill. Running requires endurance, character, pride, physical strength, and mental toughness. Running is a test, not a game. A test of faith, belief, will, and trust in ones self. So hardcore that it needs a category all to itself to define the pain. When game players criticise, it's because they aren't willing to understand, not because they're stronger. Running is more than a sport; it's a lifestyle. If you have to ask us why we run, you'll never understand, so just accept. - Jessica Propst

In 2006
I ran 3800kms altogether. That's an average of 73km per week. Not too bad. And in 2006 my weight dropped from a consistent 67kg to a consistent 64kg. (This weight reduction all happened in the first three months.)

Here are my New Year Resolutions for 2007
1. Stretch,
2. Stretch, and
3. Stretch.





FOOTNOTES

1. I will be looking to exceed 80km per week all 2007.

2. I would like to spend more quality time with my friends.

3. I am aiming for ten grandchildren by the end of the year.


...and I will not take myself too seriously.


one, two, three, four, ... HI FIVE!
Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. Interesting to see how you're going to up your mileage and spend more time with your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will work out something..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obviously your friends will run with you and that way you can fulfil two resolutions at once especially if you laugh along the way!! Happy New Year speedygeoff and may 2007 be all you want it to be bringing with it lots of good health, fitness and happiness!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Masters Games

Counter

Counter: