Sunday 8 April 2007

Easter Sunday 2007

Posted by speedygeoff on Sunday, April 08, 2007 with
I won't forget Easter Sunday this year....oops, pause while I answer a wrong number on the phone.. start again. Happy Easter!.. ah, back to the phone for the same wrong number a second time, don't you hate that?


Happy Birthday speedyJenny, 59 today

Jenny's been at the coast with her mum, she'll be coming back tonight & we'll celebrate then.

My mum rang earlier today, my Auntie Olive died this morning, she would have been 90 this year. Olive was my late father's only sibling, always single, lived a couple of blocks away from me when I was small so was an integral part of the family for many many years.

I am not yet sure we will get to the funeral in Adelaide, for as well as having a marathon planned on the 15th, in the following week - a part of my life not previously mentioned on this blog - I am overseeing a "Walk to Emmaus", and there might be a few things come up at the last minute.

Today is the day I would have run my pet event, the 5000m, had I gone to Hobart.. so I will be watching that result with keen interest to see who runs what times, could I have won, could I have placed?

What else will the day bring? It's only 10:30am; I have been up only two hours.


FOOTNOTE AT NOON: The day has brought a 5k breakthrough to Katie, who has just run 19:59! This is a pb by 45 seconds!