Friday 13 April 2007

Good Form, Cold Feet, No Joke

Posted by speedygeoff on Friday, April 13, 2007 with
Despite all the niggles and hobbles and sorenesses, I have been in good form lately, but given that I am trying to shake off a bit of a cold, I am getting cold feet about this marathon. All for the best I suppose; I am determined to run conservatively. Although if I am packing death at the start line, I might panic and misjudge the pace.... we'll see.

Someone requested I tell no jokes in the marathon. That is a shame, I was tuning up with my "Wenceslas" joke (is that the right spelling? The spell checker thinks it's right but wants to change "sorenesses" to "sorceresses". That could be right too!).

Someone else in very good form at this time is Helen, she ran another BBQ Stakes pb on Wednesday, this time the time was 26:10. She will be under 26 minutes in no time.

Time is of no concern to me in the marathon but I will be carrying a "do-not-run-faster-than-this" pacing guide.

Thursday training saw only six join me for km intervals with surges. Watch out speedy geese - Matthew, Caroline, Rod, Kathy, Neil and Tony have a head start on you as far as winter track training is concerned. They will be improving in no time. Good to see Tony back on track - he will be turning 69 this year!

Annie (who has moved from France to Kiwiland), in town for the folk festival, was going to join us but didn't make it, so I have missed seeing her.

Other visitors around at present are Langty & Greg, I will be catching up with them tonight, but I don't see either name among the marathon entries, perhaps Greg is entering late! Perhaps not.

Wasting Time
Here is a very simple point-and-click escape game to play! Jail Escape.

p.s. I have updated my family album blog with pictures of my Auntie, whose funeral is this morning.