Friday 27 April 2007

Nothing significant here, please move on.

Posted by speedygeoff on Friday, April 27, 2007 with
Anzac Relays
Wednesday at Campbell Park I ran my relay leg in 14:52, Aki 15:36, and Graeme 21:23. We were each a bit slower than our best times on the course. Mick ran 13:17.

Thursday BBQ Stakes
I ran about 26:15, Helen about 26:40, Roger ran too, around 27 something I think. We are all slowly recovering from the marathon (more or less!) and getting faster again.

Thursday training report
A good turnout, a bit cool until the wind eased. We ran three intervals of 1km, with surges of 200, 400, 200 floating the 100 between the surges and jogging 600 between the ks. Participating were me, Roger, Ken, Charlie, Katie, Maria, Neil, Tony, Matthew, Margaret, Ruth, Colin, Mick, Joel and Yelena. Next week, the 2k time trial.

A very simple game!
Here is another diversion - a fun game with cool sound effects, Zelda And The Lampshade Of No Real Significance. (It is not actually point-and-click, it's arrow keys and space bar)

Why the “Gang aft agley” quote?
My long term marathon goal was to run Canberra 2009 fast. But I have been told that the week before, Easter 2009, Masters Track and Field will be in my original home town (Adelaide), where it would be good to have my first track championships as an M60. There is no way I could run both. So Canberra 2009 is off the list, instead I will target Gold Coast; 2008 is the plan, if I am ready, else 2009.

I hadn't planned to run Canberra 2008 as I want to do well in Sydney at the track, but the dates are favourable, so maybe.

For the record, dates for Easter v the Canberra Marathon:
2008
Easter 23 March (Sydney)
Marathon 13 April - I could do both

2009
Easter 12 April (Adelaide)
Marathon 19 April - I wouldn't double up

2010
Easter 4 April (location?)
Marathon 11 April - I wouldn't want to do both.