Wednesday 4 April 2007

number six! number six! number six!

Posted by speedygeoff on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 with
"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily. Not to dare is to lose oneself." -
Soren Kierkegaard



My weather forecast for the marathon - cold, fog - click to enlarge

Eleven days to go to the marathon.
My chest number is six! That should impress, even if my run time doesn't.
I had a good hit-out today at BBQ Stakes, a solid 25:30. Felt strong. The real first day of tapering is tomorrow, where I will only jog 6k. There is still one long hard run to be done on the weekend, and I will probably run the Stakes again next Wednesday. I think most entrants whose blogs I read start their tapers too early! But it is true that "too early" is far better than too late or not at all.