Tuesday 1 May 2007

In-de-fat-ig-a-ble

Posted by speedygeoff on Tuesday, May 01, 2007 with
Training Monday night
"Highlight" was Ewen leaving before we could celebrate his birthday. Darn, what to do with all that champagne?

Alan, Amanda, Charmaine, Ewen for a while, me, Helen, Joel, Kathy, Katie, Ken, Maria, Mick, Neil, Richard, Ruth, Sonia & Yelena ran 6x2mins on, 2mins off, starting up a hill on a loop so that the faster runners would get the uphill bit each surge.

Song of the week "And it rained all night" - Thom Yorke.
Any song that can fit in the six syllable word "indefatigable" must be good!

And it rained all night and washed the filth away
Down New York airconditioned drains
The click click clack of the heavy black trains
A million engines in neutral

The tick tock tick of a ticking timebomb
Fifty feet of concrete underground
One little leak becomes a lake
Says the tiny voice in my earpiece
So I give in to the rhythm
The click click clack
I'm too wasted to fight back
Tick tack goes the pendulum on the old grandfather clock

I can see you. But I can never reach you

And it rained all night and then all day
The drops were the size of your hands and face
The worms come out to see what's up
We pull the cars up from the river

It's relentless Invisible Indefatigable Indisputable Undeniable

So how come it looks so beautiful?
How come the moon falls from the sky?

I can see you. But I can never reach you
I can see you. But I can never reach you



Maths test (part four)