Friday, 11 May 2007

What I like about you

Posted by speedygeoff On Friday, May 11, 2007 | 6 comments
I read your blog because
(a) it is a dialogue, not a monologue
(b) the writer writes for the audience

I don't read the blogs which I don't read because
(a) they contain politics

Simple, really.

All the blogs I read are good, but here are two I particularly like (and I record this knowing there is a low probability the authors would ever read what I am keying* in) because they are a husband-and-wife effort where there is plenty of cross-comment and humourous interchange between the two:
the man: iliketoast: his posts appear on the sidebar under "more runners"
the woman: ihatetoast: her posts appear in the sidebar under "running writing"
the difference: I will leave that to you to decide if my categories are apt.

*note use of word "keying" instead of "typing", though I still don't understand why "typing" is now passé, because after all, that is what I am doing. Except for the mousey bits. And would that be "mousing", not "keying"? OK, sorry, "I record this knowing there is a low probability the authors would ever read what I am composing". Better, oh pedant?

Thursday training saw Adam, Charlie, Geoff B, Joel, Kathy, Ken, Margaret, Matthew, Neil, Rod, Ruth, Tony and Yelena run 5 x 700m on 5 minutes. Me too.

Another good point-and-click game - Zoo - quite fun, in French but you soon get the hang of it. I soon discovered you could revert to any previous screen via "View History". Although such a move is not essential. But it's different.

Enough rambling; see you tomorrow, same time, same URL.

6 comments:

  1. The Toasts certainly have great blogs Geoff. I love reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I bet the dynamic duo find you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. she who hates toast lurks a lot. as she is not fast or glorious, she doesn't always know what to write in a comment without coming across as a doofus. and she is always concerned about her appearance, donchano.
    she who hates toast is in a library now lurking and not writing her glorious presentation on translating literature.
    she who hates toast is superior to he who hates toast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey .... back to study, you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Low probabilities sometimes come in - not enough for me to back Carlton this weekend. Or ever, "Mandy"?

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're in the library together. How cute!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Masters Games

Counter

Counter: