Saturday 30 June 2007

Coach Potato

Posted by speedygeoff on Saturday, June 30, 2007 with
"There is a great advantage in training under unfavourable conditions. It is better to train under bad conditions, for the difference is then a tremendous relief in a race." - Emil Zatopek

I am still not running. I am getting fatter. I am turning into a coach potato. But I am catching up on my administrative backlog, and I have got as far as level five in puzzleland. I am walking around Homebush all next week. That might reverse the slide into physical fatness.

Best wishes to Scott McTaggart in the Gold Coast marathon tomorrow. Scott is running his first ever marathon and is hoping to break 2:14. Advice from Deek and from Mona included feeling like you are out for a Sunday jog initially, then starting to pick up the pace a little from the half way mark. Very sound!

The Canberra Times Fun Run is only eleven weeks away! I have just completed drawing up a training program for the fun run for one of the athletes in our training group. If anyone else would like a copy of the program, please get in touch & I will email it to you.

W55 4 x 1500m Australian relay record holders

Yet another speedygoose foursome with Australian record certificates. This time it's Jill Brown, Carol Baird and Maureen Rossiter. Missing from the photo is Kathy Sims