Sunday, 22 July 2007

1E+3

Posted by speedygeoff On Sunday, July 22, 2007 | 6 comments
This is the one-thousandth post on my blog, surely worthy of a celebration. Click on the balloons to pop them!


Why do I blog about running???

Not just because I do it, but because I would like you to benefit too. Running
  • gives you more energy
  • helps you sleep better
  • helps you relax
  • helps you meet people and make friends
  • is fun
  • tones your body
  • reduces stress and anxiety
  • improves concentration
  • improves self confidence
  • raises the spirits
  • helps to control weight
  • reduces body fat
  • helps control blood pressure
  • helps control cholesterol
  • helps control diabetes
  • helps with bone and joint problems eg arthritis
  • reduces the risk of heart disease
  • reduces the risk of stroke
  • reduces the risk of some cancers
  • helps to manage pain
  • helps to improve joint movement
  • helps general co-ordination

Come alive! Use it ... or lose it !!!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations Geoff. That is indeed a milestone and a very significant one. You have obviously got a lot out of running but you have given much back. It is always good to be reminded of the benefits we do get from it because sometimes those reasons can get waylaid when the motivation suffers and injury strikes. Personally, being a runner is one of the greatest things that has ever happened to me. It gives me enormous satisfaction for many of the reasons you have listed, particularly the friends and fun ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on number 1000 Speedygeoff! Great post.

    And thank you, I certainly benefit from your blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Don, Tesso & Travy, and thanks also to the 35-40 readers per day, I do appreciate your comments even if I don't always get around to commenting on your blogs in turn! I regularly monitor & read over 100 running blogs and love them all. I do not have a "Travy" blog on my list though; am I missing something?

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1000! I'd hate to see the index!

    You forgot that running helps you to race faster.

    Spodie Choff, last time I looked Travy wasn't writing much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. and you get away with applying things like body glide on in public. and men who want to wear tights in public can,without having to wear a swan prince outfit.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Masters Games

Counter

Counter: