Sunday 1 July 2007

It pains me...

Posted by speedygeoff on Sunday, July 01, 2007 with
...to leave this fair city, but that is what I am doing. For a week. This city of freezing winds, bitter mornings, icy roads. And head north east to the slightly warmer city of Sydney. So until next Sunday, it's fair thee well. I leave you with this photo of me crossing the finish line in the Canberra Half Marathon, and remind you that it is always a good strategy to look relaxed, smiling, and happy as you cross the finish line of any race, because that is the time the camera is most likely to be on you. Click on the photo to enlarge it to its excruciating fullness. So until next week, farewell.



p.s. Helen in cold winds this morning ran 26:46 pb for the Jogalong, her first time under 27 minutes. On my return I will publish Jogalong results, Googong results, Gold Coast results, and anything else that happens while I am away.

Keep smiling. And just for Katie, one last exclamation mark!

Edit: Gold Coast Marathon Scott McTaggart 2:23.30 - 5th place - 1st Aussie. I thought he would do well & he did. First place was just over 2:20.