Tuesday 9 October 2007

In Praise Of Not Being Lapped

Posted by speedygeoff on Tuesday, October 09, 2007 with
Monday's 5k was extraordinary; I was not lapped. It could well be different on Wednesday; I have the pleasure of running in the M30-59 division, which makes me about the slowest, and the cross country course is 4 laps of 2k each lap. And thunderstorms are forecast. I promise to report how many people lap me. If it is not too hot or humid, maybe I can hold them off. We will see.

Not Jaded, I.
I have been watching Dr Who Series II, thanks to my brother who has loaned me the DVDs. I watched Series III in 2007 but did not see Series II in 2006 when it came out; not realising how good it would be. David Tennant is extraordinarily good (out of this world, perhaps?) and appeared first at the beginning of Series II.

"not for the world weary, jaded or cold-hearted. The emotion is full-blooded, the jokes in your face, there's wit and love and pain and adventure. Your actions count. The universe is dangerous and your moral choices, your actions define you".

Yes, Dr Who is no longer escapism, it tastes very much like real life.