Friday 4 January 2008

Never odd or even

Posted by speedygeoff on Friday, January 04, 2008 with


Last night at track no real stars in the 1500m, it was good to see Kevin returning to the track after injury, he ran a slow 5:36 but started slowly and ran each lap faster than the previous one, finishing at 5 minute pace. A good test of his recovery from injury.

In the 3000m I experimented by wearing my Nike Frees for the first time on the track. They felt really weird; the track surface seemed super soft as if I were running on feathers. My time was another season's best by 11 seconds (11:39) but the splits were strange: 3:47, 4:01. 3:51. Either I switched off in the second km, or my long Tuesday run caused some muscle fatigue, or the Frees affected my pace judgement. Whatever, I will be wearing Frees on the track from now on. It is great to run with no foot discomfort or niggles, even if they lull me into slowing down a bit until I get used to them.

Latest game Submachine 4 - another excellent game in an excellent series.

E.T. saw a sign in Rome: "morning is a waste."

Never a foot too far, even.

O, got to go!