Friday 25 January 2008

Feeling Free

Posted by speedygeoff on Friday, January 25, 2008 with
Highlights of Thursday night track
On a cooler night, Kevin still holds the M55 800m record despite yet another very close attempt by John Lamb to break it, and as has happened before, John missed out by only a few tenths.

Bronwyn ran 3:01 in the 800m, a pb by a couple of seconds.

I ran a steady 13874m for the Hour run: I only ran the Hour because I hadn't run earlier in the day and I needed a longer run. I had no intention of running fast but my pace picked up throughout and I felt great at the end. This is nothing like I have experienced in years!

On the way to running barefoot I am wearing Frees.
These are the 7.0s I bought on Wednesday, with the idea of breaking them in for important road races this year, including the marathon.

These are the 5.0s I am wearing on the grass for my kilometre intervals, and on the track for my Vets races including the Hour run last night.

The 5.0s are so comfortable, and will remain my track racers, but on the grass the plan is to move on to barefoot running sometime soon. The 7.0s look and feel a bit more like "normal" shoes, I hope they are OK!