Thursday 24 January 2008

Today's 3000 is an extra GM 3000!

Posted by speedygeoff on Thursday, January 24, 2008 with
... but that decision has come through far too late for me to race it. Although, I might jog it, or jog the 800, or jog the hour, or ...

2007 Frylink age standard winners


The best old short course people.

Wednesday's Fast Tempo Run
At the weekly 6k BBQ Stakes yesterday I had my first run there this year, and Roger had his fastest run there this year. My time was ~26:30, Roger's ~27:15.

Southy's cat


But animated. Just about my favourite cat picture. Thinks: "Too many geese. I will just wait until one drops off the back of the pack..."

Half Marathon Training Group.
Details of the "Canberra Half Marathon 2008 Novice Training Group" are found here on the Cross Country Club's website.


FOOTNOTES
1. The sprint-marathon relay will be held on February 10. I plan to do a long training run that day with the relay teams. Not quite the whole marathon, but getting up there. Any other takers?

2. The Weston Creek Half Marathon is on 9 March. I plan to run it as a tempo run, say in 1:45. Would anyone like to be paced at about that time (or slower)?

3. The Vets Handicap on Thursday is an 8:30 start! And today's 3k is a GM 3000!