Monday 31 March 2008

how to become an amazing long distance runner in a week

Posted by speedygeoff on Monday, March 31, 2008 with
Today's title is the text of a google search someone did yesterday. I hope the person discovered the answer. It was a UK site so I guess it wasn't Bob, who's in Nepal.

Monday Monitor
My training progress
last week’s target: no target
achieved: 76k
year 2008 total to date: 1158k in 13 weeks
this week's target: 80k
weight: 62kg ▼
song of the week: "Army Corps of Architects", by Death Cab for Cutie, off "You Can Play These Songs With Chords".

"Leaving the central state from shallow ground
Home in the valley but the rent's paid south
You said the urn was half full when I said it was half empty
With what was left of our fair city

"Call in the army corps of architects
To flatten the skyline and begin again
I knew the years would move quickly,
But never quite as fast as this
So bring the discrepancies, I'll pour the drinks"

I will probably have a day off this Saturday, as the birthday party season is starting in earnest. Otherwise, easy longish running each day, about 12k, with a longer run of about 24k Tuesday or Wednesday.

And there's Parliament House Training tonight; Dickson Thursday; Women's & Girls' Fun Run Sunday as daylight saving ends; and the marathon looming.

Persistence


Never underestimate how slow the other person might be.