Monday 23 June 2008

I'll follow the sun

Posted by speedygeoff on Monday, June 23, 2008 with
Nothing but fog out there so far today. Drippy, soggy, coldy, foggy. But the sun will be out by the time 4:30pm rocks around and Ewen and I do our pre-training warm-up run at Parliament House. See you there at 5:30pm! Or you could even join us at 4:30pm if you like, but please be on time as we don't wait around!

speedygeese placegetters in the Canada Day Fun Run
10k Females
7. Kelley Flood 43.52
9. Helen Larmour 44.12
13. Bronwyn Calver 45.20
22. Cathy Newman 47.11
5k
Emma Adams 19:41
Ken White 20.06
Katie Forestier 20:12
Amanda Walker 21:43
Cathy Montalto 24:16

I cannot vouch for the accuracy of any of the times. Others ran and were not timed.


Kelley at Oakey Hill. She's good!


Emma last year


Katie last year

My training progress
last week’s target: 100k
achieved: 103k
year 2008 total to date: 2152k in 25 weeks
this week's target: 100k including a 1500m race on Sunday
weight: 63kg ►◄
song of the week: "Opposite Way", by Leeland, from the album “Opposite Way”.
For all these years
Doing the same old things
Hanging with the same crowd
And it’s starting to get crippling
You’ve never felt in place
And you tell yourself it’s all okay
But something’s different today
You want to run the opposite way

And it seems like you’re locked in a cage
And you need to find a way of escape
When everyone is setting the pace
It’s okay to run the opposite way

I will be seeing Leeland live in two weeks time! Yay! And Brooke Fraser too! Yay! Yay! I will be following the sun to Sydney for a week; however cold it ends up being there, at least it will be warmer than here!

This time last year I had run 2,226 km, and I am just behind that now; also I weighed 66.5kg, so I am a bit healthier now at 63kg. Also I was injured and had sore hamstrings right through until December, so it’s a brighter outlook now than it was 12 months ago.

And the days are getting longer.

Triple yay!