Tuesday, 23 September 2008

• Rock and Roll Music

Posted by speedygeoff on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 with 3 comments
I am about to burn all my current favourite songs to CDs ready for our trip away. My tastes haven't changed much recently but some of the the songs have, as I discover artists I didn't know and as new songs are released. Here's the 20 best, which will go on the first CD if they all fit:

1. Grapevine Fires - Death Cab For Cutie
2. 42 - Coldplay
3. Erase - Geoff Moore
4. Eagle Rider - Delirious
5. Your Heart Is An Empty Room - Death Cab For Cutie
6. I Am Still Running - Jon Foreman
7. Lost! - Coldplay
8. Lightness - Death Cab For Cutie
9. 15-Step - Radiohead
10. Bixby Canyon Bridge - Death Cab For Cutie

11. Lovers In Japan/Reign Of Love - Coldplay
12. Desert Song - Brooke Fraser
13. Violet Hill - Coldplay
14. Run - Snow Patrol
15. Cemeteries Of London - Coldplay
16. Death And All His Friends - Coldplay
17. Chocolate - Snow Patrol
18. Stare The Monster Down - Delirious
19. Baptise My Mind - Jon Foreman
20. Give What You've Got - Delirious

At training last night we had Alan, Christopher, Ewen, Gary, me, Helen, Ken, Neil, Rachelle, and champagne for Neil's birthday.

The October Vetrunner is now on-line. This photo, my favourite from the Half Marathon, is included. It is my favourite, not because Des is pushing over the pole, but because Helen & I can be seen in the background in deep conversation deciding to pace each other.



Rock and Roll! I enjoyed that run.

3 comments:

  1. I love making road trip music, I makes lots of mixed cds for the sole purpose of travelling. The preparation of the music is almost as much fun as the trip itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guessing Roger is outside the Bird's Nest.

    Track 3 is a good choice - I'm a huge Geoff Moore fan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (a) yes
    (b) a tall one at that.

    ReplyDelete