Sunday 26 October 2008

Live And Let Die

Posted by speedygeoff on Sunday, October 26, 2008 with
That's it, I have had enough of Beatles' titles. There were some good ones left: Among many others All My Loving/ Cry Baby Cry/ Doctor Robert/ Eleanor Rigby/ Glass Onion/ Honey Don't/ I Want You (She's So Heavy)/ Martha My Dear/ Maxwell's Silver Hammer/ Misery/ Penny Lane/ Please Mr. Postman/ Polythene Pam/ Savoy Truffle/ Sexy Sadie/ Till There Was You/ While My Guitar Gently Weeps/ Within You Without You/ You're Going to Lose That Girl/ You've Got to Hide Your Love Away. Someone else can have them.

Speedygeese results from Saturday's AACT track races:
800m Joel Pearson 2:11.14
800m Thea Zimpel 2:52.14 pb, breaking the pb she set Thursday night!
3000m Yelena Pearson 15 something, not quite a pb
5000m Geoff Moore 20:36.35
5000m Thea Zimpel 22:36.57

Yesterday's 5k was my first since March and was a hard slog and I had had enough after five laps (2k in 8:00 exactly), but I was happy to run 20 something knowing the time would be slow; recovery from Bulls Head will take a while yet. Both 5k splits of the Canberra Times 10k Fun Run a few weeks ago were faster! But we cannot count either of them, so 20:36 establishes an M60 pb which should be easy to target and beat next time.

When will I recover? Being not sure, I will try and keep the training and racing going and it will be whenever. I am not counting my chickens until I see the whites of their eyes.

Every run is an achievement, I reckon.