Tuesday 2 December 2008

I could sit for hours finding new ways to be awed each minute

Posted by speedygeoff on Tuesday, December 02, 2008 with
Report on Monday night training: Present were Alan, Amanda, Bronwyn, Cathy, Ewen, Gary, me, Helen, Katie, Ken, Mick C, Mick H, Rachelle, Ruth, & Yili. We divided up into five teams of three and ran eight zigzags of 260m with 200m recovery in between. Each person. The westerly wind was strong, and flying Frisbees added to the fun. Next week the plan is twelve not eight.

King of the Mountain
I didn't make much of a fuss about winning this award, but now I should express my sincere thanks to Garry Maher for sponsoring it. A $150 voucher for the Runner's Shop is far more than I expected! It was a shock to see that when I opened the envelope some time after being given it.


Song of the week: Snow Patrol - Crack The Shutters:
You cool your bed-warm hands down
on the broken radiator
when you lay them freezing on me
I mumble "can you wake me later"
but I don't really want you to stop
and you know it so it doesn't stop you
you run your hands from my neck
to my chest

(Chorus)
crack the shutters open wide
I want to bathe you in the light of day
and just watch you as the rays
tangle up around your face and body
I could sit for hours
finding new ways to be awed each minute
'cause the daylight seems to want you
just as much as I want you

it's been minutes, it's been days
it's been all I will remember
happy lost in your hair
and the cold side of the pillow
your hills and valleys
are mapped by my intrepid fingers
and in a naked slumber
I dream all this again


Hear the song at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhF3WQD8bhY 
View the song at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9rwfYaOSxo

On the horns of a dilemma…
Two of my favourite music fan pages on Facebook are Keane and Coldplay.
Keane update on Facebook:
“Vote for Keane!” The official Keane forum is one of 16 forums which have been selected for the on-air rounds of the Absolute Radio Rock-Off. Each forum has chosen a playlist of tracks and will play-off against another forum. The official Keane forum is involved in the very first fixture, against the forum of a Coldplay fansite. Voting is open from now until 8.30pm on Monday evening (British time), with the winner due to be announced half an hour later. To vote for the Keane forum, please click the link below...
http://www.absoluteradio.co.uk/music/rockoff/index.html

Coldplay update on facebook:
Hello. The forum of Coldplay fansite Coldplaying.com has made it into the knock-out rounds of the Absolute Radio Rock-Off, where they've been drawn against the official Keane forum. Naturally, we'd like to lend Coldplaying our support in this titanic struggle. So, if you have a moment to vote for the site and their playlist, then click below before 8.30pm GMT on Monday.
http://www.absoluteradio.co.uk/music/rockoff/index.html

Rats! Which to vote for? Why couldn't they meet in the final?