Friday 26 December 2008

Woo Who?

Posted by speedygeoff on Friday, December 26, 2008 with
Sonia. That's who. Sonia’s (interstate) number-plate is WOO-something, I am not revealing the rest. Consistent with that, Sonia signed off her last email with “Woo Hoo”, being excited about seeing her Canberra friends again! Sonia arrived on Monday then enjoyed an evening's Wild Goose Chase before settling into Christmas partying with her family and friends. We may see her, some of the family, and some of the friends, tomorrow morning at Stromlo for our 9am interval training. I don't expect anyone, least of all Sonia, will excel running the intervals, unless of course they forget to stuff themselves yesterday. I will be running my 1ks; others can choose what they do.

I am not sure if Sonia has a past but she certainly has a present:


On the run this morning, I met up with Ian McLeod. He's the son of John who used to run with us years ago. And brother of Fiona who was a very good runner. Ian is visiting from overseas... for Christmas of course, and runs every day "just to keep fit".

Yes I am trying to run most days too, even through the "silly season".

"If I miss one day of practice, I notice it. If I miss two days, the critics notice it. If I miss three days, the audience notices it."

Happy holidays!