Saturday 4 April 2009

Running Masters

Posted by speedygeoff on Saturday, April 04, 2009 with
Thursday results
So far, only the mile walk has appeared on the ACTMA website. Well, this gives me the opportunity to say that a good warm-up before racing is essential. If you just cannot run without people timing you, the mile walk is a good idea, but the 800m probably isn't.

Mile Walk
M60 Geoff Barker 10:45
W55 Ruth Baussmann 11:02
W60 Margaret McSpadden 12:39

That's the first time for years I have listed a walk result. Geese don't usually walk. It's worth pointing out that Ruth's time is very good, and she followed this up with a sub-15 minute 3000m, her first time under 15 minutes for a while. Watch out Yelena!

MickC
puzzling, isn't it?

I have added another very good blog to my blogroll – “Running Masters” by David Sweeney. If you want to keep pace with the latest on what the very best Australian Masters runners in your age group are up to, check out this blog! Thanks to Bruce Graham for putting me onto this one. Bruce is obviously interested in the fact that fellow M45s both Jamie Harrison and David Sweeney himself are still running well under 16 minutes for 5k!
Looking up my M60 rivals times via "Running Masters", I see of the four entrants in the M60 10,000m next Friday, I am ranked a distant fourth. So, I am going for fourth place! And the other ACTMA Championship races I am in have far more entries, so the 10,000m is my best chance.

As just seen on "Rage" this morning



Death Cab For Cutie's "I Will Follow You Into The Dark". A classic. And another example of a brilliant DCfC video clip.