Wednesday 1 April 2009

Tradition

Posted by speedygeoff on Wednesday, April 01, 2009 with
Bad joke alert
If you were to rush into a busy doctor's office and shout "Doctor! I think I'm shrinking!!", would the doctor try to calm you by saying, "Now, settle down. You'll just have to be a little patient."?

Note - Strewth was responsible for this joke.

2 April: Final Thursday night track program.
As far as I know the program is unchanged:
6:00pm sprint hurdles
6:15pm 60m
6:35pm mile walk
6:50pm mile run
7:10pm 200m
7:30pm 3000m
7:50pm club presentations

Advance posts
I am preparing some advance posts for while I am away in Adelaide. That means from Monday 6 April, until I get back on about 18 April, what pops up here will have been prepared this week.

AMA Nationals
One of the things I plan to include in the advance posts are some lists of who is competing from the ACT, and when, in the Australian Masters Athletics Championships over Easter. Not only in the running events but also the other events; jumps, throws, walks, dances, whatever is called "athletics". Here is the full program taken from the SA Masters Athletics website. There is a very good representation from all over Australia including a large number of entries from the ACT.

what I am viewing: I watched an old Pink Panther movie last night - "A Shot In The Dark". This was my favourite Peter Sellers movie once, but now seems oh so old-fashioned. Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Tradition - one man's view
Tradition means giving votes to the most obscure of all classes, our ancestors. It is the democracy of the dead. Tradition refuses to submit to the small and arrogant oligarchy of those who merely happen to be walking about. - G. K. Chesterton