Thursday 20 August 2009

dream stuff

Posted by speedygeoff on Thursday, August 20, 2009 with
I dreamt last night that we were running handicapped 200m intervals in training today. Are my dreams trying to tell me something? How do I organise the starts and watch the finish at the same time? Not a problem in my dreams, where I still imagine I can run very fast. Which is a good thing I guess.

BBQ stakes and patty cakes
Not exactly the stuff of dreams for me yesterday, in the 6km BBQ Stakes I ran out of legs after a reasonable first km and found it tough. Helen had a dream start to her W50 career with a very good time on her birhday. We enjoyed Natalie's patty cakes after the run.
Katie 25:32
me 26:36
Ken 26:46
Helen 27:30 recent pb
Gary 27:41
Roger 31 something, he would not say.

Sorry to announce Bronwyn's birthday a month too soon. I did the same with Mick's a couple of months ago. It reminds me of when close friends sent my wife her birthday card in March this year a full month early too. We haven't told them.