Thursday, 20 August 2009

dream stuff

Posted by speedygeoff on Thursday, August 20, 2009 with 3 comments
I dreamt last night that we were running handicapped 200m intervals in training today. Are my dreams trying to tell me something? How do I organise the starts and watch the finish at the same time? Not a problem in my dreams, where I still imagine I can run very fast. Which is a good thing I guess.

BBQ stakes and patty cakes
Not exactly the stuff of dreams for me yesterday, in the 6km BBQ Stakes I ran out of legs after a reasonable first km and found it tough. Helen had a dream start to her W50 career with a very good time on her birhday. We enjoyed Natalie's patty cakes after the run.
Katie 25:32
me 26:36
Ken 26:46
Helen 27:30 recent pb
Gary 27:41
Roger 31 something, he would not say.

Sorry to announce Bronwyn's birthday a month too soon. I did the same with Mick's a couple of months ago. It reminds me of when close friends sent my wife her birthday card in March this year a full month early too. We haven't told them.

3 comments:

  1. I'm curios about this "recent PB" thing. What are the rules? Can I call my next 10k race a "recent PB" if my last 10k race was in July?

    I think I'm going to try for "recent PBs" as my M50 PBs are lasting too long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Recent" means whatever you want it to mean, and time is an illusion. I went to Scotty's pirate party very recently, it was his 30th birthday party, but he has just turned 34. Also, at the same time, I haven't run well recently, not since the 2009 Half Marathon, which was way back in May.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must take a notepad with you during your dreams so you can write down the details for these workouts! haha!

    ReplyDelete