Tuesday 25 August 2009

making headway while the sun hides

Posted by speedygeoff on Tuesday, August 25, 2009 with
Despite coming into the half marathon on Sunday feeling exhausted, I came out of it Monday (and today) feeling refreshed. Training on Monday night was a group of 17 runners at Parliament House repeating a session we did two weeks ago: intervals ranging from 200 to 600m with appropriate recovery jogs. There were Alan, Bronwyn, Caroline, Christopher, Craig, Gary, me, Helen, Jennifer, Joel, Kat, Katie, Ken, Neil, Rachelle, Ruth & Yelena. Only Craig and I did the earlier run, where I was surprised to find how well we felt after Sunday. If only I could discipline myself to do more frequent longer runs at a good challenging tempo!

Caroline, ACTVAC Half Marathon medal presentation, first W65