Monday 24 August 2009

A speedygoose in Lahti

Posted by speedygeoff on Monday, August 24, 2009 with
Coming up this week
Monday 24th 5:30pm training at Parliament House (4:30pm for early starters). I will be there at 4:30.
Wednesday 26th  12:15pm BBQ Stakes 6k handicap. I will probably be there, alternatively I might need a day off.
Thursday 27th 5:30pm Training at Antill Street Dickson. I will be delegating that session to another, as I will be attending a concert where one of my grandchildren is performing. Training will go ahead without me!
Saturday 29th the Cross Country Club has its Parlauf Relays at Yarralumla (note change of venue)
Sunday 30th 9:00am Vets monthly handicap, Mt Taylor.  I will be there.

Caroline Campbell at the Worlds
In the World Masters, Lahti, Finland, Caroline competed in four events in the W65 age group. The last one, the marathon, was held in very hot conditions. Caroline said she walked the last 8k. Organisers were under-prepared and had to bring in large quantities of water towards the end so that distressed competitors could cool off. Very unlike normal Finland weather at this time of year.
Caroline's races:
28/7 8k cross country 11th 41:40
2/8 5k track 9th 24:49
6/8 10k track 6th 52:56
8/8 marathon 11th 5:23.50
What is amazing is the way Caroline backed up to win her age group in yesterday's ACTVAC half marathon, not that long after returning to Australia.

Caroline at Mt Ainslie

Canberra Times Fun Run: entries close this Friday. enter at www.canberratimesfunrun.com.au.