Sunday 3 January 2010

ten lords a' leaping

Posted by speedygeoff on Sunday, January 03, 2010 with


what’d I tell you?
CSM have again changed their refund policy in the last few weeks to include this.

“If any Event is canceled by the Event Organisers due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control or as a result governmental action, the Event Organisers shall have no obligation to refund my entry fee or any other cost I may have incurred in connection with such Events. Should personal circumstances arise that prevent me from participating (or completing the event), I accept that my entry fee is non-refundable.” - http://www.canberramarathon.com.au/default.asp?PageID=18697

Now aren’t you glad you didn’t enter the marathon?

New year Resolutions Take Two.
"2010 will be better than 2009" is what I implied my new year resolution might be, by default. Well it has started badly enough with the clause copied above appearing on the Canberra Marathon website. This is giving Canberra a really bad name, totally undeserved. So let's be more specific with my resolution.
"I will run further and faster in 2010 than I did in 2009".
There, that's better.
Now if only the lowlights would cease, all will be well.

Long Sunday run
I have decided that the only way my mileage will increase is if I reinstate a long Sunday run. Today's 15k is a start. Once it grows to a really long run, the benefit should be more endurance and the ability to sustain longer runs during the week as well, and it should all add up.