Saturday, 19 June 2010

Another Brisbane highlight

Posted by speedygeoff on Saturday, June 19, 2010 with 3 comments
Another Brisbane highlight was meeting up with Tesso and Clairie again, at the Half Marathon at Doomben. On the day, Tesso ran an all time pb of 20:58 for the 5k race, and six days later she backed up with a 3:19 marathon, yet another pb and a great one at that!


Result Macleay River Marathon:
22 THERESA FABIAN 03:19:59 W50 winner. First woman outright, actually!


Slowly catching up with recent results...
Also in Queensland a week later was a national ultra-marathon event up at the Gold Coast attended by our own Kerrie and Pam.
Gold Coast 100km Australian Championships - womens result:
1 Kerrie BREMNER 8:55:45 (first 50k in 4:23.35)
3 Pam MUSTON 9:52:09 (first 50k in 4:38.50)


Back home life goes on:
Happy birthday Susan Sturgeon 36 yesterday.


If you are on Facebook you can befriend and chat with these athletes and many more, and browse their profiles and photos!


  1. I shut down my facebook account on account of I don't like it. But that means I miss out on news of the girls. Tesso and Clairie are all class and running royalty to me. I wish they were still blogging. Give my best to them if you see them again or on facebook.

  2. And both Tesso and Clairie have shut down their blogs. What a shame!

  3. Yes, Facebook is a bit lightweight for details. I keep forgetting to look at it. When I do, it's hard to find the needles in the haystack.

    I would have liked to read about the build-up to Tesso's great running on her blog. And the race! She won the 'runner of the week' on Marathon Talk.