Territory And Municipal Services (TAMS) have announced the impacts of the Barton Highway closure following the GDE Collapse:
"The Barton Highway will be closed at the intersection with Gungahlin Drive for an extended period. Gungahlin Drive will remain open to traffic over the Barton Highway in both directions.
"Please consider using alternate routes until further notice.
"For traffic coming from Gungahlin, please consider using:
– Horse Park Drive and Federal Highway
– Wells Station Drive and Flemington Road
– Sandford Street and Flemington Road
– Gundaroo Drive, William Slim Drive and then onto Ginninderra Drive
"For traffic coming from Hall, please consider using
– William Slim Drive and Ginninderra Drive
"For northbound traffic on Gungahlin Drive, please consider using
– Ginninderra Drive and William Slim Drive
– Ginninderra Drive and Mouat Street
"For traffic coming from Northbourne Avenue, please consider using
– Mouat Street and Ginninderra Drive
– Flemington Road and Wells Station Drive
– Federal Highway and Horse Park Drive
"For more information call Canberra Connect on 13 22 81"
Born Adelaide 1948. Moved to Canberra 1969. Married Jenny 1970. Three children - Nathan Moore, Loani Falconer, and Mon Hall; children-in-law Lisa Moore, Wes Falconer, and Scotty Hall. Thirteen grandchildren - Jackson, Tyler, Charlie and Samuel Moore; Kayleigh, Jarod, Alex, Olivia, Will, and Sophie Falconer; Josiah, Liana, and Amelie Hall.