Friday 13 August 2010

legacy

Posted by speedygeoff on Friday, August 13, 2010 with
Training last night: Brett, Craig & I ran long at 4:00pm, then we were joined by Troy, Neil, Warrick & Nadine. But the ovals were closed and lights didn't come on, so I sent the others off for a 5k run while I returned to my warm home. At least it didn't rain while we were running!

Baby boomers. Ruth, Roger & I, representing the Baby Boomer generation, were interviewed yesterday for a cross-generational article to appear in tomorrow's Canberra Times. I am looking forward to seeing what is selected for publication! Hopefully our photos and some of our thoughts, faithfully reproduced. Hopefully too we faithfully represented our generation. So much of what you read and see is initiated by people with an axe to grind. For example, letters to the Editor do NOT reflect the views of the silent majority. Of course, we are not exactly a cross section of Baby Boomer opinion. We all three run marathons and train six days a week. What will be interesting is to see what the interviewer makes of us!

Good question: is three years long enough to deliver on policy?