Tuesday 28 September 2010

in the wars

Posted by speedygeoff on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 with
I am in the wars. .. I still can't run .. and I have infected sinuses since Sunday, now swollen .. and I discovered yesterday I have been a victim of identity theft .. but despite all this I don't feel too bad! In fact life's pretty good. It could be because of the fantastic people around me!

Training last night. A quiet Monday holiday, so not everyone trained at the normal time. Those participating were Andrew, Christopher, Colleen, Ewen, me, Jill, Joel, Katherine, Kathy, Kym, Leanne, Margaret, Ruth, Yanet (new) & Yelena. Yanet & Yelena are sisters, which means that four from one family were there. The session, which twelve of the fifteen ran, was anaerobic for 24 minutes, alternating one minute fast, one minute slow.

I am very much looking forward to daylight saving next Monday, when we will be able to see at the end of the session as well as the beginning.

Katherine has down-graded her marathon to a half, but she looks pretty fit, she should do very well.

Book prize. As soon as this blog visit counter reaches 100,000 I will be awarding a book prize. It's getting close, Thursday or Friday probably. So keep an eye on the counter and lobby me if you think it could be you! Closest identified person to 100,000 wins.

Song of the week: "When the boys light up", by the Newsboys. Michael Tate as lead singer makes all the difference!

And finally, the first of my Arboretum photos: Bill Egan, who was my boss for ten years back in those days when I had a job, and Roger Pilkington, sporting his Wolverhampton Marathon shirt.



FOOTNOTE
Happy Birthday Thea 28 today; Happy Birthday Graeme Patrick 58 today.