Tuesday 14 December 2010

The cautious philosopher might say "cogito ergo cogito".

Posted by speedygeoff on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 with
Results 5/12 Women's 6k Jogalong
Michelle Wells W35 27:05
Nadine Morrison W40 28:18
Helen Larmour W50 28:39
Caroline Campbell W65 39:45
Cathy Montalto W55 57:06 (ran with a friend I think)

Results 12/12 Black Mountain Challenge
31. Kym Chisholm 25.16
33. Bob Harlow 25.41
42. Amanda Walker 27.12
46. Maria O’Reilly 28.02
61. Roger Pilkington 30.37
79 Caroline Campbell 33.31
96 Geoff Barker 36.10
111 finishers

What I have been watching: Jenny and I got to see "Voyage of the Dawn Treader" on Sunday. Quite spectacular. Interesting rewrite of the book, some of which added to the story, but some of which did not, for example all the green mist / seven swords stuff, which turns the story from being about character to being about adventure, and makes the quest very different from what was intended. Nevertheless it is a riveting film despite straying from the original author's intentions. A couple of the scenes were enhanced by the 3D effects, otherwise the 3D made little difference. But all in all, a great movie. It's just that I had higher expectations.


Candid Canberra #32 - Scrivener Dam

Canberra has been as waterlogged as the Dawn Treader movie!

Last night's training at Parliament House: Nadine & I ran a relatively fast 8k+ early, then we were joined by Abi, Andy, Brett, Caroline, Christopher, Colleen, Craig, Ewen, Jochen, Joel, Kym, Mick C, Tony, Warrick & Yelena. Training consisted of Rose Garden 12 x 200m intervals with 250m+ jog recovery, on 2:30. I was pleased to keep up, just. All in all it was my first hard-ish training session in six months. But I never fail to be impressed by how well everyone else does in training. There's lots of potential here soon to be unleashed.

.... or "cogitare cogito ergo esse cogito"? "I think I think therefore I think I am"? Alternatively "He thinks he thinks therefore he thinks he is"? If you hear me muttering that phrase, either I am having an existential crisis, or someone is annoying me intensely.