Wednesday, 4 May 2011

job done

Posted by speedygeoff On Wednesday, May 04, 2011 | 2 comments

From Tim:
I just wanted to thank you for the words of support in the Sahara.
It’s taking a bit of time for everything to sink in, to comprehend what I’ve just accomplished.
Made many new friends along the way – It was certainly the toughest, both physically and mentally, event I’ve been involved with to date…who knows what's next?
Thanks again – the emails really did help – it was like Christmas when they brought them around to each tent!
I’ve attached a photo – yes, that’s me, I took that shot right after I crossed the line, the buff on my head is an Australian flag one, I was wearing it like a pirate, I felt like I’d plucked a pair of wings, out of the desert sky, for my damaged knee that day…don’t know how I was able to run so fast, but I made the most of it!
Could you also thank some of the other geese that sent emails that didn't put in their email; Ewen, Miranda and any others I may've missed as we discovered, not all emails made it through.
Kind regards, Tim Calver


63 years done



That's too old, I need a shirt with this on the back

2 comments:

  1. it's hard to recognise that man as my brother...I caught up a bit more with him last night as he's in Canberra at the moment...some really interesting stories...

    he still hasn't been able to run yet and his weight is still lower than when he started...otherwise he's looking good (except for some of his poor toenails from kicking rocks...)...

    love the shirt...it's so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday motivational and speedy leader. You're looking good:) Tim certainly had an amazing run - the photo is great. What an achievement - hard to top that one I imagine!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Masters Games

Counter

Counter: