Sunday 11 September 2011

bummer

Posted by speedygeoff on Sunday, September 11, 2011 with
I am not doing the Fun Run today - I have been sick all week. Bummer.
If I ran a 10k on the road it would only be 50 minutes or so and I'd pay for it by prolonging this cold.
Good luck to everyone who is doing the Fun Run, I look forward to hearing your race reports.

Stretch #3: Gluteus Maximus Stretch
 Another one of those stretches I use/must use more often, to help with sciatica etc. and good for the lower back after lifting or running.

Technique:
  • Lie on the floor on your back.
  • Pull your bent knee up towards the opposite shoulder
  • Hold for 20 seconds 
Note that when doing these exercises on the floor, the head should be resting on the floor or on a cushion if more comfortable, and the shoulders should be pulled down and relaxed. The lower back stays as flat as possible, which can be achieved by keeping the belly button pulled in. But remember to breathe!