Wednesday 30 November 2011

Wednesday already?

Posted by speedygeoff on Wednesday, November 30, 2011 with
Shall I leave this space intentionally blank? Oh, too late, something's in it so I may as well continue.

Twenty-two hours straight of torrential rain seems to have stopped - maybe. Tropical rain in fact: vertical and heavy with lightning and thunder. Spring ended the same way last year you will recall, when the drought broke just in time for the November Vets Handicap.

"Territory and Municipal Services is advising that two roads have been closed in the ACT because of flooding. Sunshine Crossing and Angle crossing have been closed. We are also getting reports from Twitter that Cotter Dam Discovery Trail is closed." - from RiotAct. Drive safely.

There are some great pictures at http://www.canberratimes.com.au/multimedia/32225/404272/a-view-of-lightning-striking-from-mt-ainslie.aspx?Start=0&page=1. For example:


Photos I took this morning of a flooding Ginninderra Creek are on my Facebook page. I managed 15k this morning of a planned 26k and only got soaked to the skin once.

On the subject of Facebook, here's a cute picture I stole from a friend of a friend on Facebook:


Remember to RSVP to the December speedygeese dinner  invitation; four going so far!
7:00pm Tuesday 13 December
At Belluci’s, Woden (corner of Launceston & Irving streets)
I have booked for 20.
We will be ordering off the menu; see
http://www.bellucis.com.au/_pdf/woden/bellucis-woden-main-menu.pdf
RSVP Friday 9 December.

And there is a 6k Fun Run in Bungendore this Sunday; or at least I assume it is still on, I have been given no details, so please contact Heidi if you are interested.

I have found some new inspiration which I will share through December. For example: