Wednesday, 25 January 2012

I shall break 20 minutes for 5k

Posted by speedygeoff on Wednesday, January 25, 2012 with 4 comments
Happy Birthday Maria, 57 today. When this blog was young, seven years ago, I wrote a profile of Maria on her fiftieth birthday. See http://geoffmoore.blogspot.com/2005/01/happy-50th-birthday-maria.html. She is still performing brilliantly, achieving one of the highest age-percentages of the speedygeese.
And Riki my cat is a teenager today. 13.

A recent fad, something called “Crossfit” has a following even here in the ACT, so I found this article helpful in analysing what it is about. I guess fad training systems have the same problems fad diets do. They work for a while but don't stand the test of time. http://www.scienceofrunning.com/2012/01/crossfit-endurance-tabata-sprints-and.html


I shall break 20 minutes for 5k.
I shall break 20 minutes for 5k.
I shall break 20 minutes for 5k.
I shall break 20 minutes for 5k.
I shall break 20 minutes for 5k.
I shall break 20 minutes for 5k.
I shall break 20 minutes for 5k.
I shall break 20 minutes for 5k.
I shall break 20 minutes for 5k.
I shall break 20 minutes for 5k.

Annoying enough? Good.

4 comments:

  1. So when are you going to break 20 minutes for 5km? and are you going to use "Crossfit" to get here????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. G'day Coach Dion. He won't be using crossfit, and I'm guessing at the ACT Championships 5k race.

      Delete
    2. Long slow running + gym strength and flexibility work + occasional intense training or racing is working just fine.

      Delete
  2. So shall I. But I think Maria may get there first!

    ReplyDelete