Thursday 19 January 2012

the real world

Posted by speedygeoff on Thursday, January 19, 2012 with
Vets track today
I shall run the 3000m at 6:00pm, aiming to break 13 minutes in the heat. Then I shall jog around and watch the other events - 1500m, 400m, 4 lap spiral - as the evening starts to bring cooler weather. Of course, it could rain; all the better.
The reason for saying sub-13 is that my first-up race in 2011 was a 3000m in 13 minutes exactly.


Training this coming Monday
If we get a good turn out again we can run relays in teams of 3: for example if we had 24 of whom 9 were very speedy, which is quite likely, I would choose three balanced teams of the fastest runners, and five balanced teams of the rest.

Coming up: YCRC Summer Series races, 6:15pm Tuesdays
31 Jan Stromlo Forest Park
7 Feb Boat House East
14 Feb Telopea Park
21 Feb Barrenjoey Drive
28 Feb Weston Park
6 Mar Acton Ferry Terminal
13 Mar Black Mt Peninsula
20 Mar Stromlo Forest Park

Meanwhile of course I will continue with Saturday mornings at Acton and Sunday mornings at Stromlo.

Only the Irish would produce a front page like this


Meanwhile, back in the real world

Remember to enter for the Australian Running Festival events being run on April 14-15. If you enter the Half Marathon or the Marathon you will be sharing the start line with me, running my first 50k ultra! The website is http://www.runningfestival.com.au/

By the way, to enter the ultra, you simply enter the marathon; any marathon entrant can choose to continue on, on the day. Which also means that I can choose to stop at 42.195k!