I am wearing four layers of clothing this morning. Last night we Canberrans experienced the lowest temperature ever recorded in January, 1.6 degrees at 5:49am. Not as cold as our neighbours in Goulburn though, where the temperature dropped to a record -0.1. But the sun is shining and I shall run for a couple of hours in a warm part of the day.
We didn't expect snow
How to kick at the finish of a race:
· Get to the end more aerobic than anyone else
· Have a larger degree of anaerobic capacity to use.
· Have a large reserve of motor units you can call upon
· Be able to use them in fatigue!
· Be close enough and feel good enough where your body extends it's [sic] limits a little- be motivated and challenged with goals just far enough to challenge yet close enough to be achievable.
Full article at http://www.scienceofrunning.com/2011/09/science-of-finishing-kick.html
Glass and a half
Liz Bennett running the marathon on Sunday in Hobart. Got in just ahead of the weather, I'd say.