Tuesday, 17 April 2012

back to the start

Posted by speedygeoff On Tuesday, April 17, 2012 | 6 comments
Song of the week: Snow Patrol's Fallen Empires

.

Results from Customs 5k 13 April Jen Bright 21.23, Miranda Rawlinson 26.32.

Abi took a video of my ultra finish. Listen for Pat Carroll's commentary. He would have kept that up for hours. Check out http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150823565448783

Photos taken by Andrew

Half marathon Lucia

Half marathon Craig

Enjoying the run


FOOTNOTES
1. I was first M60 in the ultra, but I was 7th M60 in the marathon. 2nd and 3rd in the ultra were 6th and 5th in the marathon respectively. Not that I sped up any, I didn't.

2. I am claiming a 3:30 exactly marathon plus 9 seconds to cross the start line. No-one can prove otherwise.

3. I'm recovered. A 10k run Monday, An hour of gym circuit this morning followed by a 6k run, training planned for Dickson tonight! I am rather astonished that I am OK

6 comments:

  1. Brilliant weekend for you Speedygeoff. Plenty of the right training will get a great result and the recovery shouldn't be too bad.
    A bit of lingering fatigue will be there. Be careful during next two weeks especially around those not so healthy. Easy to pick up a bug with depleted immune system.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's impressive! I'm not recovered from my weekend after an easy run yesterday. It's a rest day for me today. Have fun at training

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Pat was so good I could hear him from my vantage point 400m before the finish!

    You should have slowed down - 3:30:12 in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice running, so what is the next big build up? I want to open your bolg and see the days start counting down again...

    ReplyDelete
  5. There will be a new countdown... as soon as the Australian Masters Games organisers announce the dates for the Games in Geelong in October 2013 .. 18 months away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic recovery speedygeoff. I, on the other hand, have been suffering from a rotten cold and sore throat. I've walked heaps but haven't run yet except after the dog and the grandchildren! Feeling very antsy indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Masters Games

Counter

Counter: