Thursday 19 April 2012

coffee

Posted by speedygeoff on Thursday, April 19, 2012 with
Coffee re-visited. I am not drinking coffee this year but have done so twice: immediately before the two long races where this was appropriate, March's Weston Creek Half Marathon, and Sunday's 50k. I suspect it helped very much that I drank it before the run, and more importantly that I had otherwise given it up.

This article http://running.competitor.com/2012/03/nutrition/do-the-performance-benefits-of-caffeine-come-at-a-cost_49856 says it all, supporting my approach to coffee this year. The conclusion is, "save it for when it matters most:  race day"

Any race shorter than an hour, I won't do this. Longer than an hour, and if I am serious about going flat out, I feel there are benefits.

speedygeese dinner
I have sent this email to the core group about the upcoming dinner: "Our speedygeese autumn dinner is at the Lemon Grass Thai Restaurant, 65 London Circuit (Melbourne Building) 7:00pm Tuesday 15 May. It is booked, The banquet menu is attached, cost will be $31.50 per person plus $3.00 corkage bottled wine only. This restaurant is very well regarded for the quality of its food. I will need to know numbers, so RSVP when you can, an early response would be much appreciated. And when you reply please indicate if you will be ordering off the menu instead of having the banquet".

Orroral Valley this autumn

Canberra - what a great place to live!